After decades of planning and nearly five years of construction, Orlando International Airport's new Terminal C began operations with the arrival of an Aer Lingus flight from Manchester, England. The $2.8 billion project includes 15 additional gates to increase the airport's passenger capacity by 25% or between 10 and 12 million passengers annually. The airlines that will provide service in Terminal C are Aer Lingus, Azul, British Airways, Caribbean Airlines, Emirates, GOL, Icelandair, Lufthansa, Norse and JetBlue. Terminal C data: 1. The annual economic impact of the ten airlines at Terminal C in Central Florida is estimated to exceed $5.6 billion.
2. 15 boarding gates with capacity for 20 planes.
3. State-of-the-art RFID (Radio Frequency Identification) tags on all luggage.
4.Advance luggage storage.
5. TSA automated screening lanes.
6. More than 1,000 screens that provide information on directions and flights.
7. 33 retail and food and beverage outlets, including local and national brands.
8. Designed for certification as one of the first LEEDv4 airport campuses.
For advertising opportunities press HERE.